Friday, November 10, 2017

Don't Be Shy, Bless The Boat



Some compounds are difficult and full of bad craziness, other compounds are full of boats. I visited one of the latter today and was pleased to see a near completed catamaran before it was taken down and shipped off to the coast for reassembly.




The DOG is without doubt an impressive catamaran project, based on Wharram's Tiki 38 and you can find details here, at acatnameddog. Good work, guys. 




After a quick tour I asked the builders if they'd like me to bless the boat, which I did, taking especial care to give the Aztec figureheads extra attention, "Let's make sure we drive the demons out of these," I informed the team, casting Holy Water at the idols with an impromptu aspergilium.  




Blessing over, we fell back to HQ and discussed .308 battle rifles, the .300 Blackout, small unit surveillance tactics and the vagaries of teenage boys. Thanks, BB for some good advice and congrats on your catamaran, excellent result.




Then it was time to traverse the inland sea that is Lake Whitney and get back to base, mission accomplished. Rumors of a new AR platform 7.62 unicorn slayer are entirely that, rumors, and quite possibly the result of Kremlin inspired fake news.

DOG spelled backwards is GOD. Make of that what you will.

Sail on,

LSP

14 comments:

LindaG said...

I've often thought about that. Dog, God. Sounds like a full day.
Be safe and God bless.

LL said...

The cat is heavy, but I'm sure that it will handle the seas better now that it's blessed. Well done.

Jules said...

You should have stolen that boat. I'm sure you're allowed to do that if you've blessed it.

Adrienne said...

That's a beautiful boat. Annd it's painted in my new color obsession - lime green.

LSP said...

Sacerdotal function has its benefits, Juliette. But I'm holding out for the yacht in the Med (thx!).

LSP said...

I'll pass that on to the builders, Adrienne. Well done, crew.

LSP said...

It seemed like the right thing to do, LL. And I think it's a '70s design, not that I know anything about boats.

Heads up -- Jules is threatening to invest in a yacht on the Med. Perhaps you'd be interested in the "defense" component?

LSP said...

It was a good one, Linda. I don't get to bless boats very often.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

What was the good advice? I need all the help I can get on handling teenagers.

LSP said...

Anonymous, I'd be more than happy to exchange tips -- email lonestarparson@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks LSP!! I'm sure you will have great advice since you are a great dad to your boys.

Adrienne said...

May I suggest for both you and Anonymous a talk by Father Ripperger on How to Raise a Man. It's excellent. This is a very, very smart guy. He was our pastor for awhile at St. Joan of Arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7V1W967ofA

There's also a question and answer follow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDAxKn4ono

Anonymous said...

Thank you Adrienne. There are so many challenges for young boys these days and so few good parents that are actually commited and engaged.

LSP said...

Thanks, Adrienne, and thanks Anon.